I know it’s been a long time coming, and I apologize for that.
I’ve given you launch dates, and have had to push them back.
But hold on to your hats, folks, the wait is (almost) over!
Wilding will launch on June 1st!
That means it will be available for sale on that date on all the major online retailers, like Amazon, Kobo, iTunes, etc.
It has been a looong road to get to this point. And I can’t believe how very hard this process has been. It seems like other authors breeze through it, so I don’t know exactly why it’s been so hard for me. But, now I can say that I have a firm date.
However, as per usual it seems, there’s a couple caveats.
- Authors can choose to use Kindle Direct Publishing. (KDP) to make their books available both on the Amazon site and everywhere else. However, that’s is not generally recommended for various reasons I won’t go into here. The recommendation is for authors to use KDP for Amazon and then another distributor for all the other channels such as Kobo, iTunes, etc. There are many other distributors, but one of the ones recccomended most is IngramSpark. So that is what I have done. However, the process of getting the files ready to upload on Ingram is more complicated than for Amazon, and so as of this writing they are not quite ready . I will be working diligently to get them ready, but just in case I can’t, it might be the case that the book will only be available as an ebook for Kindle, and as a paperback on Amazon, on June 1st. There’s only a few minor things to figure out, so I’m not expecting this to be the case, but I thought I should mention it in case someone clicks on Kobo on June 1st and can’t find it.
2. The second issue could be a little more tricky. My faithful iMac is sick. I love my Mac computers, and I hardly ever run into problems with them, but for about 6 months or so I have been having issues with it. I was really hoping I could limp it along until after the launch, but it’s becoming just about impossible to do anything on it. So I have to take it in to have it looked at. As I live in a small town, I have to wait until the weekend when we are going to the city to take it in, and it will likely take a couple days to diagnose the problem, and then who knows how long to fix it. Needless to say, this is not optimal when I”m getting ready to launch in a couple weeks. Sigh. It shouldn’t impact the launch, as I will have everything stored on the cloud, but mostly I am working on my aging iPad, which makes things harder. I still have little things to fix on my files to get them ready to upload, and I can do that on my iPad, but not as easily. So I’m a little worried how this will impact everything, but there’s not much I can do about it.
But, I’m forging ahead!
June 1st, here I come!